1. Login to cPanel to accomplish this task.
2. Locate File Manager on the Files section.
3. Open your “public_html” directory by double-clicking on it. This is where your publicly accessible files are located, in other words, where your website files resides. We are assuming that the file is located here, if not, the concept is just the same.
4. Go to the file you wish to delete and click on it just once, to select it. Then on the top navigation menu, click on “X Delete”.
5. A popup will appear that will ask you to confirm if you want to delete the file. You can choose to delete the file permanently by skipping the trash or first take to the trash temporarily. Taking it to the trash, gives you a chance to recover in case you delete the wrong file. Finally, click “confirm” to complete the operation.