Email piping allows emails sent to an email address to be automatically imported into the support ticket system. This enables the clients to reply to tickets via email without the need to login to the client area first.
You first need to login to WHMCS to accomplish this task.
1. Hover on “Setup” on the menu tabs at the top, and navigate to “Support“, hover on it and another submenu will appear. Select “Support Departments“.
2. If you are accessing “Setup” for the first time since you logged in, you might have to input your admin password for security purposes.
3. On the new page you are in look for “Ticket Importing using Email Forwarders“.
Please note that on the image above, I have “clients” in my path. This is because my WHMCS installation is installed on a directory called “clients”. Yours might be “members” or some other words or it could also be that your WHMCS is on the root of your main domain in the cPanel. In such a case you will not have those words(“clients”, “members”, etc) in your path.
4. Please login to cPanel to accomplish the next steps.
5. While in cPanel, go to the Email Section and select “Forwarders“.
6. Select “Add Forwarder“.
7. Input the email of your support department, just the first part before the “@” sign then select the domain that this email is created on.
8. Click on “Advanced Options“.
9. Select “Pipe to a Program“.
10. From what we have in “step 3” we are going to fill the “Pipe to a Program” field. For instance mine will be; “public_html/clients/crons/pipe.php ”
11. Click on the “Add Forwarder” button to save your settings.